General Hand - Engineering
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
If you are looking for an opportunity that allows you to learn on the job and contribute within a great team environment supporting the Dairy/Agri tech sector, then we have the role for you.
In this general engineering workshop-based role you will have good variety day to day, undertaking mechanical assembly, light fabrication, handling and transporting materials, and supporting the Fabrication Teams in the manufacture of high-quality products.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL YOU WILL:
· Ideally have been exposed to a relevant workshop environment e.g., light engineering, mechanical workshops
· Be physically fit and comfortable with safe manual lifting tasks
· Be comfortable working in a workshop environment e.g., noisy, dusty
· Able to wear PPE gear in accordance with all safety and operational protocols
· Have a great eye for detail and be quality minded by nature
· Be able to use power tools
· Be able to follow instructions and execute a great result
· Be a confident communicator who can raise issues and contribute to the wider team
· Have a clean, full NZ Drivers Licence
BENEFITS OF JOINING THE TEAM:
· Competitive hourly rates
· Great team environment
· Family orientated/flexibility
· Modern facilities
· Supportive training environment and cross skilling opportunities
· Recognition of Long Service
· Annual Flu vaccinations /hearing testing
· Free parking
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Waikato Milking Systems is one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of dairy systems and technology. Our focus is on high performing milking solutions and dairy technology including rotary milking systems, herringbone and parallel systems, dairy automation, milk yield recording, cow identification, animal heat and health systems, sorting and animal management, dairy management systems and milk cooling. Waikato Milking Systems global headquarters and engineering divisions are located in Hamilton, NZ with offices and Warehouses in Australia, USA, UK, Ireland, and China, with agents and customers in every dairying nation in the world.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you think you have what it takes, then we would love to hear from you. Applicants must have the right to live and work in NZ. Please note our pre-employment process includes a ministry of justice check.
You can call Denise Thomas, Head of People & Capability for a confidential chat on 021 314 571.